And do not give the devil an opportunity [to lead you into sin by holding a grudge, or nurturing anger, or harboring resentment, or cultivating bitterness] ~ Ephesians 4:27 (Amplified Bible)
I can’t rehash this week without taking a good, hard look at myself.
Yesterday afternoon, I knew I needed to run away for a few hours. I had a full tank of gas so I drove 2 hours to Virginia Beach. I arrived at my sister-friend’s house look feeling tired and beat up. I thought that I would writie last night, but all I could do was go into a restless sleep.
This morning, God led me straight to Ephesians 4. Have you ever been ‘told-off’ of ‘read’ or ‘checked’ by someone? Well, I was checked this morning. I am not newbie. I am supposed to be mature in Christ. No matter what was going on at work, I was supposed to know better.
5 things I did wrong this week
By not doing these five things, I gave strength to the strongholds. I didn’t tearnthem down this week.
- I gave place to the devil. I let him whisper all kinfs of negativity in my ear and I eagerly listened. I allowed him to play on me feeling self-righteous
- I did not take authority over my emotions. I knew better but I allowed myself to sit in anger and pity
- I did not resist. I should have stopped it after one day (that is the Word). I let my anger seethe past the maximum amount of time and sure enough I left the door open for the most unimaginable feelings of self doubt, pity and depression.
- I did not fortify my faith. I let this tear my faith down. I was supposed to jump in the Word. I should have spent at least one night in bed with Bible and let God minister to me. My weapon was available. Note to self – My weapon is the Word of God not an angry tongue.
- I did not go into intercession for this. I went straight into my emotions. I identified the strongholds in my life but what about the strongholds that exist at the job. I know there are issues but I only identified the ones that directly effected me.
Now that I am awake, literally and figuraively, it is back to business. There is work to be done: blogs to write, books to write, strongholds to be torndown. Plus I have to drive back home today, two hours in the rain. I am equipping this body with the Word and a cup of coffee.
Enjoy this beautiful rainy Saturday. Power up your day with the Word (it is always good) and a good cup of Coffee!
Ayoka Boyce ~ Minister, Author, Blogger, Lover of the Word and Coffee